Coronavirus Update (COVID-19)
Updated: 26 March 2020
At Strahan Village, the well-being, health and safety of our guests and our staff is our first priority. Naturally, we are watching closely, the emerging situation surrounding the coronavirus or COVID-19.
In accordance with government restrictions, Strahan Village will not be taking any new bookings from 28 March 2020 until further notice. We are committed to offering our guests flexibility to assist in dealing with these unique circumstances, irrespective of how you have booked. For more information, click here.
We remain informed of updates via the Tasmanian Health Service and other state bodies and are happy to share the latest information with our guests, however if you need direct access, these are useful links:
- General Coronavirus information – Tasmanian Department of Health
- Tasmanian Government hotlines
- Coronavirus self-assessment tool
- Coronavirus information for (general) hotel guests
On an ongoing basis, we operate to a very high standard of cleanliness and environmental health at Strahan Village. We’ve extended our already high standards and have put a number of additional initiatives in place, for the safety of our guests and staff.
- In line with federal government requirements, our restaurant and bar procedures and availability have been adjusted to minimise the risk in food and beverage service:
- Hamer's Bistro: open for takeaway only
- Hamer's Bar: closed
- Hamer's Bottle Shop: open
- Banjo's: open for takeaway only
- We have firm guidelines in place to manage a guest who indicates they need or want to quarantine or self-isolate while staying with us.
- We have safety and sanitising equipment on-site and we have dedicated rooms that have been set aside in case it is required
- All rooms are cleaned with disinfectant and all housekeeping staff have access to and use hand sanitiser
- Our public areas cleaning is a focus and we regularly sanitise and clean all areas, particularly those areas in constant and frequent contact with guests & visitors
Lastly, we have updated our terms and conditions to ensure all guests for upcoming stays (applicable to 31 May 2020) have the ability to cancel without penalty.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to your stay with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the contact form on this website or via 0364714200.